How to access/import GregorianCalendar class?

BWC

Nov 9, 2017, 1:51:46 PM11/9/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,

I am working on a project using IntelliJ IDEA and have the following question: I saw that CN1 supports Calendar but not GregorianCalendar, but when I looked on the CN1 github, I saw that the VM includes GregorianCalendar. Doesn't that mean that it's supported by CN1? Isn't it correct that Calendar utilizes the local calendar, so depending on your location, it'll initialize a different calendar? Is there a way I can get this going -- I am trying to convert one set of dates from the GregorianCalendar to a different calendar so it's important that the dates are set properly.

Thanks.

Shai Almog

Nov 10, 2017, 12:21:48 AM11/10/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
it's an implementation detail so we don't expose it. I discussed why we don't want to add stuff to Calendar here: https://github.com/codenameone/CodenameOne/issues/2256
I think 310 is a much better approach moving forward.

BWC

Nov 13, 2017, 11:23:52 AM11/13/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks. I read your blog post and the github conversation.
Thanks for pointing me to the 310 project.