Google Map doesn't show up. Key problem?

ugo...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2014, 5:18:57 PM7/10/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I'm having problem to get the Native Map to show up on Android.
I'm trying it for a while, with no succes, so I came to ask for help.

I'm running this code:

I've generated the keystore on the project proprieties, got it's SHA1, and put it on Google Console like this:
SHA1;com.codename1.test.googlemaps
And then got it's API KEY

Then I put it on the Build Hints like it's shown here

It displays the Google symbol, and the zoom buttons, but the map doesn't show up.
Tested it on a S3 with 4.4, and a Galaxy Tab with 3.2

Running adb returns me the following message:
"Failed to load map. Error contacting Google servers. This is probably an authentication issue (but could be due to network errors)."

So it looks like there's something wrong with the key.
Am I missing something? Doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.

IDE: NetBeans
Desktop OS: Windows 7
Device: S3 and Galaxy Tab P6200

Shai Almog

Jul 11, 2014, 12:27:36 AM7/11/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ugo...@gmail.com
Hi,
did you activate the maps in their console.
The key for the SHA1 should be the same one as the one used in your app certificate if I remember correctly (although I'm not 100% sure).

ugo...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 9:43:10 AM7/11/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ugo...@gmail.com
Hello Shai.
Thank you very much for your response.

It worked when I changed the build from "debug" to "release".
Now it's loading the map.

Is there any reason for that?

Shai Almog

Jul 11, 2014, 10:21:58 AM7/11/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ugo...@gmail.com
Hi,
The debug build uses a generated certificate and not your actual certificate.