mapPositionUpdated is throwing strange Coordinates

Mario Barón

Aug 13, 2014, 3:22:09 PM8/13/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I thinks there's a problem with the mapPositionUpdated method from the mapListener because it is returning some strange coordinates for example lat: -596761.9859789155 lon: -8042628.43649115 which is clearly wrong data. Do I have to do some kind of conversion or something to get the correct data?

Thanks.

Mario Barón

Aug 13, 2014, 5:53:25 PM8/13/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I seem to be having problems with the MapListener in the MapContainer class especifically with Android which is the platform I'm trying it on right now. On my Android tablet the app is not invoking this method when the map is zoomed or panned.

Shai Almog

Aug 14, 2014, 2:36:49 AM8/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
is this on the native maps or MapComponent?

Mario Barón

Aug 14, 2014, 8:07:36 AM8/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com

Hey Shai,

Thanks for your response, it's from the native maps.

Mario Barón

Aug 14, 2014, 8:09:34 AM8/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

Thanks for your response, it's from the native Maps.

Mario Barón

Aug 14, 2014, 8:19:35 AM8/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

thanks for your response. This is happening on the native maps.

Shai Almog

Aug 14, 2014, 1:11:44 PM8/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
are the strange coordinates an Android issue too or is this an iOS issue?

Mario Barón

Aug 14, 2014, 3:39:41 PM8/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

the strange coordinates are being returned on the simulator, I'm testing it on a tablet with Android v4.1.2 and the method isn't being called so it returns no coordinates at all.

Shai Almog

Aug 15, 2014, 12:13:22 AM8/15/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
That's odd, I looked at the android code and it seems to be binding correctly.
I see the issue in the simulator though, we'll fix it for the next Codename One update.