Dialog hidden behind Native maps component

Oscar Corredor

Sep 29, 2014, 3:34:00 PM9/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I got a bug with  the native Maps component on Android. When a user is handling the map component and suddenly a push message arrives, if I show a Dialog when this push arrives, the Dialog is shown behind the native maps component and you can see the Dialog but through the maps.

This only seems to happen when the the user is touching the maps component, when this is not the case it is shown normally. As a result of showing the maps Dialog behind the native maps component, the app is blocked since the Dialog I'm using blocks the GUI until the user hits the OK button, you can still continue to manipulate the map but you can't do anything more since you can't press the OK button and the back button isn't programmed to do anything.

Hope you can please give me a hand with this, thanks!

Shai Almog

Sep 29, 2014, 9:42:08 PM9/29/14
this is related to peer painting which is still happening since the native GUI thread != EDT.
http://www.codenameone.com/blog/understanding-peer-native-components-why-codename-one-is-so-portable
You can file an issue on this but I'm not sure how soblable that is.

Oscar Corredor

Oct 1, 2014, 12:14:29 PM10/1/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,