Strange Behaviour on New Graphics Pipeline on Android

mobo

Aug 28, 2014, 8:25:26 AM8/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

With the new graphics pipeline turned on,  I have two forms, Form A and Form B which has a list model with over 200 countries and their flags. When transitioning from A to B, it hangs and becomes very unresponsive.Scrolling the list is impossible.What could be the cause ?

Regards.

Shai Almog

Aug 28, 2014, 9:49:57 AM8/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mobocr...@gmail.com
Hi,
can you provide more details on how the renderer/list model are constructed?

Chibuike Mba

Aug 28, 2014, 2:15:15 PM8/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mobocr...@gmail.com
Hi Shai,

I have the same issue on our new app version built with the latest codenameone update.

It happens on android 4.0 and above, tested it on 2.3 it works as well.

My own issue starts when transitioning from splash screen to the main screen, if it makes it into the main screen it hangs there till its forcefully closed by android.

The main screen contains list with about 10 items.

I had built, tested with my tecno N3 phone running android 2.3 and uploaded to Google Play before noticing the issue when helping one of our clients using another tecno phone running android 4.2 to upgrade to the latest version of our app.

Later tested with another tecno F5 phone running 4.2 and samsung galaxy S4 running 4.4.2 all have the same issue.

You can find the screen shot of the app here or download and test yourself: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.chibex.ozioma

Please I need to correct and replace the one on Google Play already.

Thanks

Shai Almog

Aug 29, 2014, 1:25:02 AM8/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mobocr...@gmail.com
Hi,
please answer the question above. What did you do in that screen.
If you need a shortstop measure just try disabling the pipeline:
http://www.codenameone.com/blog/stacks-flipping-switches

mobocr...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2014, 4:17:44 AM8/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mobocr...@gmail.com
Disabling the pipeline works just fine. This was done on Android Kitkat (4.4). The renderer was constructed using the generic list cell renderer. The model is a simple country model containing an icon and country name.

Shai Almog

Aug 29, 2014, 10:17:21 AM8/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, mobocr...@gmail.com
Can you extract a test case that will reproduce this?