Building IOS app withe apple id

Peter Bell

Sep 26, 2019, 2:55:04 PM9/26/19
to CodenameOne Discussions

Hi there

I was wondering if it is possible to make an ios app with codename one and the signing optie with the apple id. i don't have a mac but do have an ipad.  Is there a way?  And so how do i start with my code in codename one, what are the steps.

Shai Almog

Sep 26, 2019, 9:36:56 PM9/26/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
all Codename One apps are signed with an Apple id. You don't need a mac for this process. We have macs in the cloud that handle that.

Peter Bell

Sep 27, 2019, 2:03:09 AM9/27/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
So i dont need the 99 dollar developper account?

Shai Almog

Sep 28, 2019, 12:38:22 AM9/28/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
You DO need that account. We generate a certificate through the official apple tool chain. We don't circumvent their security/signing process.

Peter Bell

Sep 29, 2019, 10:35:52 AM9/29/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
Oké i didnt want to distribute the app but onlusten try on my devicr of its woeling

Dave Dyer

Sep 29, 2019, 6:54:01 PM9/29/19
to CodenameOne Discussions

The crunch is uploading the app to the app store; you pretty much have to have a mac for that.
It's theoretically possible to do it from a simulated mac (virtualbox or the like) but it's a very
frustrating process to set up and doesn't work reliably.

Presumably, there's a way to rent a real mac desktop - what does codename1 use for build servers?

Shai Almog

Sep 29, 2019, 11:55:59 PM9/29/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
You'd still need a certificate for that.
@Date that has no bearing on his question. See macincloud.com we have the capability of automating that stage of submission too but we haven't gotten around to it.

Peter Bell

Sep 30, 2019, 4:18:32 AM9/30/19
to CodenameOne Discussions