Login dialog cursor/text refresh problem

CS

Feb 12, 2014, 3:49:55 AM2/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Dear CNO team,

On todays builds (I tested only Android) I get a strange behaviour on Login dialog.
When I start an application there is the following sequence.
Splash form, which is followed by Login dialog (created/customized from your GUI element template) on postSplash.
The problem is when I tap on username textfield, the keyboard is shown as expected, the Login dialog is moved upwards, so the text can be seen due to the added keyboard, but the cursor stays in the same location as it was before my tap. And after I press some keys, the text is also written in the same location of the cursor. Only after I press "next or done" key on keyboard, the text is shown in its proper location.

By luck, I had yesterdays compile at my hand and everything works ok. So I assume you must have changed something in the last 16 hours or so, regarding rendering etc. of the dialogs, since I have not touched the code regarding login for a long time.

A quick fix would be more than welcomed.

Regards,
CS

Shai Almog

Feb 12, 2014, 12:31:32 PM2/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, computer.s...@gmail.com
Hi,
did you enable a specific build flag like async paint or something like that? I'm not aware of any change we did to the native editing recently.

CS

Feb 12, 2014, 2:15:59 PM2/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Nope, nothing like that. Only some theme changes and some small code changes.

To make sure, I reverted back two days and "send to build". The problem is still here (even though when I built this code two days ago, everything was ok). So I assume it must be some change on your side. The problem appears also on some other dialog "forms" that I use (e.g., for registration).

Another thing I noticed with new builds (from today) that after login dialog is closed, sometimes (not always and I cannot reproduce it "on demand") only the upper half of the screen is active (meaning whole form is shrinked to this part) and the bottom part (where keyboard would be) is "static", like it is not refreshed. This only changes (corrects itself) if I rotate the phone (portrait/landscape). After that the whole screen is used. I did not notice this behaviour before today.

I hope this give you some more clues to what might be the culprit.

Chen Fishbein

Feb 12, 2014, 3:54:20 PM2/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, computer.s...@gmail.com
Thanks for this report, seems like it was exposed due to a different bug fix.
We will fix this shortly, thanks.