Help! No simulator display!

ljmundy...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2014, 1:18:18 AM6/25/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I installed the latest Java SDK, 1.7.0_60.  Then installed Eclipse with the Codename One addition, as per instructions.  Then followed the demo to create a "Hello World" app.  Everything appears to work -- the program runs and puts out "Hello World" text to the Eclipse console.  But I started it up as a simulator just as is shown in the demo, but it never shows the simulator image of a phone that I saw in the demo.  The red button to terminate the program shows up so something is running but I never get a visible phone simulator.  What could be causing this?

IDE: Eclipse (Kepler Service Release 2)
Desktop OS:  Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1)
Simulator:
Device

Shai Almog

Jun 25, 2014, 12:00:10 PM6/25/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ljmundy...@gmail.com
Do you run the simulator via the Simulator shortcut under the project using a right click?

ljmundy...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2014, 2:02:54 PM6/25/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ljmundy...@gmail.com
Yes that was one way I tried to do it.  I was following the "Hello World" tutorial for Eclipse and it all behaved just like in the video until I started it up via the simulator, then I got output on the console and Eclipse seemed to think something was still running since I had to press the red "Terminate" button to make it stop.  But never any image of a simulated phone.

I also tried running it against both a 64-bit and a 32-bit version of Java.

Hoping we can figure this out.  In the meantime I'll install NetBeans and see if that will do the trick.

Shai Almog

Jun 26, 2014, 12:57:02 AM6/26/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, ljmundy...@gmail.com
NetBeans should be simpler, I'm not really sure what could be going on here since I understand you don't see any information other than your printout in the console right?
I'm assuming you didn't change anything in the project settings or modify the project in any way? Right?