RSS Reader Question

Manuel Martinez

Feb 22, 2015, 7:14:01 PM2/22/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello All!

I am developing an CN1 App and I am using the RSS Reader component, I want to know how to control or set the number of characters displayed when I click an RSS Feed Item?

I see that just the first 30 words aproximately are shown.
Is there a way to see the entire Rss Item text?
Thanks in advance,
Manuel

Shai Almog

Feb 23, 2015, 12:06:43 AM2/23/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
you need to customize the renderer to do that. However, since the RSS reader component relies on a list it requires all elements to be of the same size.
if you want the full entry to appear you will need to create your own component, you can just look at the code of RSS reader for inspiration and build on from there.

Manuel Martinez

Feb 23, 2015, 9:14:31 AM2/23/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello Shai,
Maybe I didn´t make the right question.

The thing I want to know is: When you select (touch) an RSS Item of the List, the component opens a new form with the text of that RSS Entry, is there a way that in that new Form the text of that RSS Entry appears complete instead the the dots (...)?

Thanks in Advance,
Manuel

Manuel Martinez

Feb 23, 2015, 10:29:35 AM2/23/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Shai, never mind!

I saw the App in the device and everything works like a charm, it was because of the simulator.
Sorry for the bother.
Great work on CN1.

Sincerely,
Manuel

Shai Almog

Feb 23, 2015, 12:44:38 PM2/23/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible you aren't seeing the full HTML browser on the simulator?
Make sure you are using Java 7 with Java FX enabled so we can show you the WebKit based browser in the simulator too.