iOS Build time

Mario Barón

Apr 6, 2018, 9:31:24 AM4/6/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble building my iOS app, I send the build and it just stays there until the build fails due to a timeout issue, this same app used to build just fine last week and the build size is nothing out of the ordinary, 3.5 Mb. This has been happenning to me since yesterday.

I attach the error log from the build server below. I appreciate your help with this matter.
CN1 build server error.txt

Shai Almog

Apr 7, 2018, 12:21:46 AM4/7/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
What's in "com.guarumo.otacc.rules.BasicosBll"?
If you stub out the class logic does the build pass?
Can you isolate the thing that is blocking the build?

It seems like this is failing in xcode which might be a regression in xcode 9.2 with some of the code we generate.

Mario Barón

Apr 8, 2018, 5:18:56 PM4/8/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi Shai,

thanks for your response. I've narrowed down the root of the problem. As you said, it was located in the BasicosBll class, specifically in a long method which I use to load up some extensive data to avoid using a web service for it. I provide the said method on the attached text file for your revision.  After commenting out all the values the build worked perfectly, please note that this piece of code has been since the beginning of the app's development and has worked just fine until the change to xcode 9.2.

I hope this helps in finding a solution to this problem, thanks for your collaboration.

Cheers,
CargarMunicipios Error.txt

Dave Dyer

Apr 8, 2018, 6:15:26 PM4/8/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
I do this kind of thing too, but rather than embed all the data in a method, I structure the whole thing
as build time static code.  They "ought to" be the same thing, but you might try;

static Map<>mm = new MM();
static {
 mm.put(xx,new MM());
}

Shai Almog

Apr 9, 2018, 12:31:58 AM4/9/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Can you file an issue on that with this file?
Also please mention the source encoding that you use.

We'll try to reproduce it.

As a workaround I would suggest moving the data into JSON or properties file and reading that. It would probably be easier to maintain that file too.