Codenameone demo “KitchenSink” crashes under http streaming

ronl...@gmail.com

May 9, 2017, 11:43:04 PM5/9/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
The http stream doesn't work neither on the app from app store nor in an app installed with ipa generated from github repository.
 The issue occurs on iPad IOS 10.3.1.

The code in question =>
https://github.com/codenameone/KitchenSink/blob/master/src/com/codename1/demos/kitchen/Video.java#L113

Shai Almog

May 10, 2017, 12:58:30 AM5/10/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, ronl...@gmail.com
Apple doesn't allow HTTP access see https://www.codenameone.com/blog/ios-http-urls.html

Notice we use https on the device so it should work. The build in the store is a bit old so I'm not sure if it's applicable, we need to update it.

ronl...@gmail.com

May 10, 2017, 7:05:53 AM5/10/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, ronl...@gmail.com
Hi Shai,
The ticket title may sound confusing but if you follow the github link in my post you will see that the app is processing the video through https so let's reword the issue:
'Codenameone demo “KitchenSink” crashes under https streaming'.
Can you please provide a patch or working Video.class? The KitchenSink is a lovely lab to kick off an app and the video streaming is a block road.
Thank you for your time.

Shai Almog

May 11, 2017, 1:56:16 AM5/11/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, ronl...@gmail.com
Hi,
I suggest filing an issue on the Codename One issue tracker, we'll have to look into that.
You filed an issue in the demo which no one would notice.