textfield iOS error

lxbl...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2015, 1:09:29 AM12/3/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,

I generated the build of my application for iOS on Monday November 30 and today, Wednesday December 2, I generated it again to include the UDID's of two new iOS devices, without having made any changes to the code. Monday's build operates correctly and Wednesday's not. Here I describe two errors.

1) In a textfield user must enter his numeric ID of eight or more digits.

In the Monday's build, the user enters his numeric ID with no problems

In the Wednesday's build, the user activates the numeric keypad and every time he enter a character, the numeric keypad is deactivated and the user has to activate it again  to enter next character.

2) In a textfield (password type) the user must type in his password

In the Monday's build, the user enters his password with no problems

In the Wednesday's build, the user enters his password but only one character is present in the text field

Do you have any idea what is happening? Both builds were generated with exactly the same code

The error occurrs on iOS devices iPod, iPhone, iPad

Thanks

Diamond

Dec 3, 2015, 1:52:49 AM12/3/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, lxbl...@gmail.com
Hi,

This issue may have been introduced during recent fixes made on iOS TextField and keyboard.

Does this happen in a simple Hello world app? What iOS version and keyboard are you using?

Kindly provide simple steps to reproduce the issue? As I tested just now on iPhone 5s iOS 9.2 with Swift Keyboard and no strange behaviour occurred.

Shai Almog

Dec 4, 2015, 12:18:41 AM12/4/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, lxbl...@gmail.com
Hi,
We made some changes to the text field behavior that should have been reverted.
We'll try to revert them over the weekend.

Its a very problematic component where you fix a bug on one part and it triggers a regression elsewhere.