Fingerprint dialog not shoing cancel button on Android 7+

Mark Bolduc

Jul 30, 2020, 9:38:48 AM7/30/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA Netbeans 12
Desktop OS Windows 10 Pro
Simulator latest
Device Android

Not able to cancel request for scan as Cancel Button not visible. See pic "AndroidGalaxy5S2FingerPrintScannerIssue_1.jpg"
Ok on IOS see pic "AndroidGalaxy5S2FingerPrintScannerIssue_2.png"

Regards

AndroidGalaxy5S2FingerPrintScannerIssue_1.jpg
AndroidGalaxy5S2FingerPrintScannerIssue_2.png

Steve Hannah

Jul 30, 2020, 9:44:38 AM7/30/20
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Some things to note:

1. iOS uses a native dialog (we have no control over it).
2. Android (<10) uses a prompt that we provide (optionally).  It never included a cancel button.

Steve Hannah
Software Developer
Codename One

Mark Bolduc

Steve Hannah

Mark Bolduc

Aug 6, 2020, 10:33:43 AM8/6/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks Steve, I have emulated the IOS Dialog for Android.

I have downloaded the Fingerprint class and modified the showDialogOnAndroid method.

See Pic attached "TouchIdDialogAndroid.jpg"

Do you think this is safe for me to use a local copy of the Fingerprint class regarding  future product builds?

Thoughts?

Regards.

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 9:45:15 AM UTC-4, Steve Hannah wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 2:48 PM Mark Bolduc <shop.servi...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Steve Hannah

Aug 6, 2020, 10:37:25 AM8/6/20
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I don't see the attachment.  Can you send it again?

Steve Hannah
Software Developer
Codename One

Steve Hannah