Can CN1 applications run on NOKIA N95?

anop...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2014, 6:18:04 AM2/4/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I installed a CN1 application on a NOKIA N95 and then tried to run it but I got the following message on my screen: "Unhandled exception. Close application?"

Gareth Murfin

Feb 4, 2014, 8:20:30 AM2/4/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com
time to debug :-) N95 should run cn1 just fine yes

Gareth Murfin

Feb 5, 2014, 3:41:24 AM2/5/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com
ps i think you can do on device debugging with nokias using latest sdk, either over usb or bluetooth, to identify the error, hopefully it also happens in a j2me simulator or the real simulator, or you end up hav ing to print/write your system.out logs to the web/email or sd card just to identify it.

anop...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2014, 3:58:13 AM2/5/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com
Have to tell you that the same build is running fine on NOKIA 701.
Can you please provide me with the link on how to proceed to on-device debugging?

Thank you!

Gareth Murfin

Feb 5, 2014, 4:28:47 AM2/5/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
My site has been hacked but I have found an archived version, my main concern is I think you need to have s60 3rd gen to do ODD. also if its not crashing on another nokia it may be a known n95 issue you should look for, I recall lwuit was slow on n95 for some reason, I think maybe mutable images or something, Im sorry my memory is failing me. This might help:

Gareth Murfin
(Android Freelancer - www.garethmurfin.co.uk)

Shai Almog

Feb 5, 2014, 11:38:49 AM2/5/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Build without obfuscation and follow this to get a stack trace from an S60 device:
http://codenameone.blogspot.co.il/2008/12/redirecting-output-on-s60-devices.html