GUI Designer freezes on drag and drop events

Serrian

Nov 21, 2013, 9:39:57 AM11/21/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
today i wanted to check out the codename one project. The installation of Netbeans and the Codename one plugin was successfull and i was able to create a new HelloWorld Project. By opening the theme.res file in the Codename One Designer i can see the HelloWorld preview in the right panel. When i now drag a component (eg a Button) over the preview window like in the tutorial, the entire Designer screen freezes and i have to force quit it. Several restarts of the designer and Netbeans didnt solve the problem.
Do you know why this is happening? Does anyone else have the same problem?

Shai Almog

Nov 21, 2013, 2:19:21 PM11/21/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dirrigl...@gmail.com
Hi,
on which OS/Java version are you getting this?
If you run the designer from command line:
java -jar ~/.codenameone/designer_1.jar

(with windows just replace the ~ with the home directory and reverse the slashes) then open the theme do you see exceptions in the console?

cflcase...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2013, 11:30:35 AM11/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dirrigl...@gmail.com

Hi

I also have the same problem. I'm running Java version 1.7.0_45-b18 on Windows XP Professional SP3 and the same version of Java on Windows 7 Professional SP1. Is this a common problem?

Cheers

Jon

cflcase...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2013, 11:32:24 AM11/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dirrigl...@gmail.com
Sorry - forgot to mention - I get no exceptions in the console after dragging a button onto the preview.

Jon

ben.thacker...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2013, 11:48:09 AM11/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dirrigl...@gmail.com
Same here also, Java 1.7.0_45-b18 on Win8
Started after the last update.

Shai Almog

Nov 29, 2013, 1:21:08 PM11/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, dirrigl...@gmail.com, ben.thacker...@gmail.com
Thanks, it might be an issue in the newer JDK we'll have a look.