Blackberry 907 Invalid COD

Chibuike Mba

Nov 8, 2013, 10:00:48 AM11/8/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

my blackberry build is giving '907 Invalid COD' error message while trying to install.

How  can i correct this issue?

Thank you all in advance.

Eric Coolman

Nov 8, 2013, 10:55:41 AM11/8/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Do you have any large media files packaged within your app?   There are size limits on the individual cod files.

Eric

Chibuike Mba

Nov 8, 2013, 11:07:54 AM11/8/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
The largest COD file size in my build is 81kb.

Eric Coolman

Nov 8, 2013, 11:21:58 AM11/8/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com

Chibuike Mba

Nov 14, 2013, 12:57:36 PM11/14/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eric,

the issue was my sibling cod files exceeded the maximum limit allowed(127 sibling cod files). Mine was 130 cod files. I removed all the unused images and the cod files number reduced to 99.

Thanks once again for the pointer.

Gareth Murfin

Jan 14, 2014, 6:54:15 PM1/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Im going through this right now too, I recall this nonsense from the J2ME days, when will blackberry just die! Anyway, I remember it being TOTALLY random on my J2ME builds, I had to strip random things out and swap the order of files, it was a nightmare. Is there any logic to this or any tool that can help?

I have 153 cods inside my main cod, at least 22 of them are bigger than the 64k limit, what are the suggestions here?

First I will try to remove all unused images using the gui builder and rebuild, but I remember last time I had to even move my variables into their own file etc for this, what a total nightmare blackberry is.

Tips appreciated..

Gareth Murfin

Jan 14, 2014, 7:17:56 PM1/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
whoops the limit is 128k? ok not too bad, im trying some optimising now will report back if i get this working :)