Google ads blocking bar menu on iOS

t...@vuw.ac.nz

Aug 9, 2015, 11:07:28 PM8/9/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Have just added Google ads to our app but on iOS this has caused the bar menu to disappear.
It doesn't seem to be covered, it's just missing.
Still working fine on Android with with the ad bar.

IDE: NetBeans
Desktop OS: Windows 7
Device: iPad 2 - iOS 8.3

I've attached some cropped screenshots of the app to show the issue. One is for Android, which has the menu, and the other is running on iOS on an iPad with the missing menu bar.

Screenshot_2015-08-10-14-30-38.png
upload.png

Shai Almog

Aug 10, 2015, 12:12:30 AM8/10/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, t...@vuw.ac.nz
How did you place that menu bar on the screen?
In iOS we pad the bottom section to leave room for the ad.

nick.m...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2015, 12:33:54 AM8/10/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, t...@vuw.ac.nz

I used the built in menu commands system with the 'commandBehaviour' Constant set to "Bar".

Shai Almog

Aug 10, 2015, 9:40:50 AM8/10/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, t...@vuw.ac.nz, nick.m...@gmail.com
Its probably related to the bar behavior since it sticks the menu in a problematic position. You can file an issue on that.