Limiting iOS minimum version

Oscar Corredor

Sep 26, 2014, 3:53:52 PM9/26/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

can you please indicate me how I can limit my app's minimum target version for iOS as you can do with Android? I want to do this because I'm developing an app that uses the native maps cn1lib and with my iPad which runs iOS 5 the app exits because it needs a newer version of the operating system. Can this be achieved with a build parameter?

Thanks.

Shai Almog

Sep 27, 2014, 12:05:35 PM9/27/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
we don't currently expose that. I think its hardcoded in the native project, if its important let us know and we can look into that.
Notice that with iOS this isn't critical since most active devices run the latest version of iOS.

Oscar Corredor

Sep 29, 2014, 8:59:25 AM9/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

thanks for your response. I think it will be very useful to expose this option to avoid users finding this kind of cases before we as developers do. Mine may be a simple situation and I agree with you that is highly unlikely to find people without the latest version of iOS, but I'd really rather prevent this situation before people like me that still have an old iPad lying around, start getting crashes and giving bad reviews of the app.

Thanks.

Shai Almog

Sep 29, 2014, 9:25:01 PM9/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
that makes sense. File an RFE on that and I'll try to look into this but I'm not sure about the ETA right now because we have a pretty deep pipeline of urgent tasks.

Oscar Corredor

Sep 30, 2014, 8:53:20 AM9/30/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai.