Program Design Question

cyph...@live.com

Jul 10, 2015, 6:10:02 AM7/10/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA
Desktop OS
Simulator
Device

Hello,

I was hoping to port a program from PC to mobile devices.
I have no experience programming for any mobile device of any sort.

The design I was hoping for is:

I am still new to this, but my general idea was to have a list on the left hand side, which would be modified run time.  On the right hand side would be a table (of sorts) containing essentually a schedule.

I attempted to use the table for this, and resulted in something like this:

However, when being run on the simulator, as well as my phone, it looks like this:

Is there anyway that I can change the scalings to allow it to fit? Or possibly a design suggestion or the usage of a different component which would allow me to implement my program better?

Thanks for the help

MrSystemStatic

Jul 10, 2015, 7:17:34 AM7/10/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Also, how would I go about adding a different renderer per cell (If i wanted to change the color of a cell on run time)?

Shai Almog

Jul 10, 2015, 9:52:49 AM7/10/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, cyph...@live.com
Hi,
That's a "master->Detail" design. It can work for Tablets but is probably not a good idea for phones where you just don't have enough "finger space" to touch the elements.
If you want this to work on phones you would want one Form to contain the list and when you "dig in" it will show the table with the data.

Pushing this to be even smaller will make the app unusable on the device.