Invisible BrowserComponent

clie...@nlcode.com

Jun 3, 2014, 1:11:21 PM6/3/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

We are starting a new project with CodenameOne and one of the requirements is using Localytics(http://www.localytics.com/).

They have Native SDKs, but we plan to do this with their Javascript SDK and a hidden (Not shown ever) BrowserComponent in order to execute their javascript SDK.

I know that BrowserComponent is a "Special Component" because is not drawed/developed by cn1 libs.

Do you know if this approach is possible?

Thanks,

Jazo Mannucci

Shai Almog

Jun 3, 2014, 11:35:58 PM6/3/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, clie...@nlcode.com
Hi,
I think that's possible but you will probably get a sub par result.
Personally I would use their native integration and write a quite native interface to deal with the code related to that. Looking at the iOS stuff its not very difficult to integrate.
I think all of the frameworks should already be there and you can inject stuff into the delegate in a similar way to the way we did that on the maps component: http://www.codenameone.com/3/post/2014/03/mapping-natively.html
(see the build hints).