SpanLabel and padding

Bryan Buchanan

Jan 8, 2014, 12:31:15 AM1/8/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
SpanLabel seems to have 1 character of left padding. I've derived my own selector from SpanLabel and set padding/margin to zero, but there still seem to be left padding. The screen shot is a 3x2 TableLayout container. The description field is a SpanLabel, all the others a Label.

You can see the "4" and "$" line up vertically, but the text in the description doesn't.

Shai Almog

Jan 8, 2014, 1:13:48 AM1/8/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
SpanLabel is a composite component hence it contains several different components within.
You will need to set the UIID of the text which defaults to Label and the UIID of the icon (even when you don't have an icon) which defaults to icon.
You can use setTextUIID and setIconUIID in addition to the standard setUIID.