iOS Push notifications error

Oscar Corredor

May 20, 2014, 6:34:21 PM5/20/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with Push Notifications with my app on iOS. The app registers for push correctly and I can see the device id, but when the time comes to send a push notification to that device, it never gets there. I have done step by step everything from the CN1 blogs and certificate signing/provisioning tutorials but still nothing :S Can you please help me with this?

By the way, I'm sending the push notifications from a web server and on Android the push works just fine. Thanks

Shai Almog

May 21, 2014, 1:37:15 AM5/21/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
in iOS the issues for push usually map to one of the following:
1. Wrong production flag - must be false for debugging in the sandbox and this must match the certificate/provisioning type.
2. Inaccessible certificate - make sure you have a proper P12 push certificate (not signing certificate) with a 6 character password. Make sure the certificate is hosted in a place where it is directly accessible from the internet so we can fetch it. If you use dropbox make sure to host it in the public folder not a shared folder so the link is a direct to download link.

Oscar Corredor

May 21, 2014, 10:19:21 AM5/21/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai,

thanks for your response. How can I detect which of this problems might be mine? the server call to your push WS returns a 200 response.

Shai Almog

May 21, 2014, 1:11:53 PM5/21/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
unfortunately due to the nature of push the process is asynchronous and so we can't return a success/failure result from the web request.
You can solve these issues only via trial and error which is pretty much how we do it natively in iOS/Android.

Oscar Corredor

May 22, 2014, 8:32:26 AM5/22/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I figured it out now. The problem had nothing to do with those two points you named. It had to do with point #2 in the code signing fail checklist. I leave the link below in case someone wonders what the solution to this problem was.

iOS certificate signing is really annoyingly tricky, thanks a lot for your help Shai!