designer open problem

jmin...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2015, 10:44:21 AM11/15/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA
Desktop OS
Simulator
Device

I'm running Codename One in Eclipse Mars1 (4.5.1) under Windows 10
and everything works fine, except i can't work with a theme or a form in the Designer..

When i open the designer i can select a theme or the GUI-builder,
but i can't open a theme or a GUI element

I've searched the forum but i can't find a answer for my problem.
Some info:
  I use  java version 1.7.0.2
  PATH :  C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin\java.exe

 JAVA VERSION
      java version "1.7.0_25"
     Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
ECLIPSE .ini file
    see attachement

Can somebody help me please?

eclipse.ini

Shai Almog

Nov 15, 2015, 10:18:47 PM11/15/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, jmin...@gmail.com
Hi,
Does the designer launch?
When you click in the theme nothing happens?

Try launching the designer from command line and see if there are exceptions logged in the console. You can do that thru:
java -jar PATH_TO_YOUR_HOME_DIR\.codenameone\designer_1.jar

jmin...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2015, 8:53:59 AM11/16/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, jmin...@gmail.com
Hi Shai,

When i start the designer from the command line, this is the result

    2015-11-16 14:45:48.444:INFO:oejs.Server:jetty-8.0.y.z-SNAPSHOT
    nov 16, 2015 2:45:48 PM org.jdesktop.application.LocalStorage getId
    WARNING: unspecified resource Application.id using ResourceEditorApp
    nov 16, 2015 2:45:48 PM org.jdesktop.application.LocalStorage getId
    WARNING: unspecified resource Application.vendorId using UnknownApplicationVendor
    2015-11-16 14:45:48.497:INFO:oejs.AbstractConnector:Started SelectChann...@0.0.0.0:9000 STARTING

The designer does launch, i can select every tab like Themes,  GUI Builder, Main Images or etc etc
I can add a theme or a new GUI element,
but when i (double)click on the new Theme or the new Form, nothing happens,
no error, no message and no form to edit the theme or form

I re-installed the codenameone plugin in eclipse but with the same result

Hope you can help
Jack
but when i click on

jmin...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2015, 9:04:00 AM11/16/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, jmin...@gmail.com
Oeps,

I ran the designer accidentally in FULL SCREEN mode and saw that it runs like it should.
I did not know that the initial screen was so small, it only showed the selection list.

Perhaps in a new version you could run the designer default in full screen mode,
so other ignorant dummies like me will not make the same mistake.

Sorry for wasting your time
Jack