How can have my list wrapped within the screen irrespective of no of items in the list?

shash...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2014, 1:04:21 AM4/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Requirement:
1. My list can have any number of items from 5-10 but the size is fixed at the time of UI design itself. What this essentially means is that I may keep adding more items in the list in the subsequent releases of my app.
2.For example in release1.0, my app has 4 items in the list on the main page, in  release2.0, my app has 6 items in the list on the main page, etc
3. I want to ensure that irrespective of number of items all the items should be wrapped with in the screen so that user doesn't have to scroll.
4. This means that the list items will shrink in size when the size increases from 5 to (say)10.

How can I achieve this?

Shai Almog

Apr 17, 2014, 2:22:47 PM4/17/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, shash...@gmail.com
Hi,
we don't support shrinking the font size to fit into the screen. You can do this manually by revalidating the layout then if the component is too large set the UIID of the components to one with a smaller font and revalidate until the UI fits.

Shashank Baravani

Apr 18, 2014, 12:55:22 AM4/18/14
to Shai Almog, codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.