Working with URL Schemes

Eyal Muchtar

Dec 5, 2013, 4:04:16 AM12/5/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
My application is part of a suite.
My application must to be lunched by the suite and get some parameters while lunch.
I have investigate this issue and find the IOS application can be lunch by URL Scheme.
How can i implemented this URL Scheme using CodeName One? Will it work for Android as well?
Thanks,
Eyal.

Shai Almog

Dec 5, 2013, 2:34:43 PM12/5/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
there is no standardized way to do this but it can be done. You can follow the discussion in this issue for guidance: http://code.google.com/p/codenameone/issues/detail?id=379
I'd help more but I haven't actually done it myself although several users communicated with me saying they were successful in doing this.
Message has been deleted

Eyal Muchtar

Dec 5, 2013, 3:27:36 PM12/5/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
How it can be done in my application? Can you provide a code sample how can i support URL Scheme in my application so it can be lunched by another application with some parameters that are needed by my application?

Shai Almog

Dec 6, 2013, 2:21:42 AM12/6/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I need to actually sit down and write a tutorial for doing this, it will take time. Since I haven't done this I can't really help much.