Background location pulling in codename one

kyr...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2015, 10:33:29 AM10/21/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Is there an Api in codename one that can do background location pulling like Facebook app currently does, even when the app is not running? If there isn't one, how do I go about it? Especially for IOS devices...

Diamond

Oct 21, 2015, 6:11:50 PM10/21/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, kyr...@gmail.com
This has been a highly requested feature in most of todays apps... unfortunately it's not yet implemented in Codenameone. Last time I checked, Shai mentioned it's in their to-do list.

Best way to go about this is Native Interface. Build a simple Hello World app that does this in native code. If it works fine, I believe you can easily port it to your CN1 project. Steve has some good tutorial on Native Interface in the blog (Part 1Part 2, and Part 3) that could help you.

I was working on a similar task recently but had to stop due to other commitments and trying-and-failing. I will be glad to see me or someone else creating a solution for this in CN1.