Disable the CN1 Virtual Keyboard and use the Native Keyboard Instead J2ME Devices

ayoola ajebeku

Sep 3, 2013, 9:48:34 AM9/3/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How Can I disable the Codenameone virtual keyboard on J2ME and use the Native Keyboard Instead?

Ayoola

Shai Almog

Sep 3, 2013, 2:34:08 PM9/3/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
there is no J2ME native virtual keyboard.
Nokia exposed some proprietary API's for the Asha native text input but so far they were unwilling to work with us on integrating those improvements.

anop...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2013, 8:45:46 AM9/18/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
1. When I tap on a textfield I get the CN1 virtual keyboard, however, when I tap on a textarea I get the native J2ME keyboard.
   Why is this happening?

2. Is there a way to alter the VKB's button size?

bles...@mfactory.mobi

Sep 18, 2013, 12:59:07 PM9/18/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com
This might help ...

A few months ago I noticed on Asha touch devices if you use a text area the native Nokia keyboard is displayed.

But if you use the text field the CN1 virtual keyboard is opened.

Shai Almog

Sep 18, 2013, 1:55:52 PM9/18/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com, bles...@mfactory.mobi
Text areas in J2ME always go directly to full screen native editing. This is something that was true for LWUIT. If that's what you want then just don't use text field.

anop...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2013, 6:04:41 AM9/24/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com, bles...@mfactory.mobi
Concerning my second question..

Is there a way to alter the VKB buttons' size? If not, is there any workaround?

Chen Fishbein

Sep 24, 2013, 10:19:52 AM9/24/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com, bles...@mfactory.mobi
1)For cn1 virtualkeyboard the answer is yes refer to this old post which is still relevant - http://lwuit.blogspot.co.il/2010/06/pimp-virtualkeyboard-by-chen-fishbein.html

2)The native keyboard when using a TextArea cannot be changed.