What is best to use in creating this type of app?

Artiom Ponomari

Feb 25, 2015, 9:10:45 AM2/25/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com

Hi, community. I would start building a kind of webapp ( an animated product builder ) and I want to ask someone which method would fit the best in making it? Flash? Or HTML based. I am better in HTML and CSS but if Flash method are easier for this kind of apps, I would start using it.

For you to understand what exactly I call an ANIMATED PRODUCT BUILDER - for example, a virtual car builder. People will be able to build their own car design step by step, starting from its wheel color to shape of the front , add parts, remove others, and all this should be ilustrated graphically. Not necessary to use realistic images. Animated would be fine too, for the beginning. And this app will need to somehow be connected to the server, and register orders and send them to manufacturies. What do I need for this, at all?

Shai Almog

Feb 25, 2015, 11:54:04 AM2/25/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
this is a forum for people using Codename One: http://www.codenameone.com/
This can be done with Codename One, I suggest you check out our tutorials/videos in the website.

Artiom Ponomari

Feb 25, 2015, 12:22:10 PM2/25/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for answering. I've also received a few suggestions from another place, saying to start checking with HTML5+ Canvas engine, webgl and maybe also SVG. Also I was told that if it needs to be integrated into a server, I will have to learn how to build an API for it to talk to. Also I will need to consider how the data will be stored , what database and store I will use, how these will interact, how I will build the browser side code needed to talk to the api, and will my front end work across all browsers? Will it be responsive? Will I authenticate users? How will I secure this? and these are not all considerations that I have to pay attention to. So will codenameone.com fit my needs?

Steve Hannah

Feb 25, 2015, 1:21:21 PM2/25/15
On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Artiom Ponomari <videob...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, community. I would start building a kind of webapp

Codename One allows you to build native apps for many mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, WinPhone, etc..).  It does not currently allow you to build web apps.  If you need to build a web app, you should look at an HTML solution.

Steve