How works version control?

Ulises Escobar

Oct 2, 2013, 7:47:31 PM10/2/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to use the version property in codenameone, but can't use the format x.x.x and neither x.xx
I compiled a version for Android with the version 3.10 but when the server compiled the app change the version to 3.1
How can I change this configuration to use the version format 3.10.1 or at least the version format 3.10?

Shai Almog

Oct 3, 2013, 2:01:04 AM10/3/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
We use floats for versioning. This is important since some platforms (e.g. Android) have a unique approach to version numbers.
Translating something as simple as a version number to all platforms is not as trivial as it might sound.

You should also limit yourself to no more than two digits and be careful from numbers such as:
1.1 == 1.10

Which is a common pitfall.