2.4Kb jar is rejected from server because it is 1.8Mb with dependencies

P5music

Jun 17, 2021, 3:19:21 AM6/17/21
to CodenameOne Discussions

I have a free account and sometimes I need to build my app on Android with the server build. (I am trying to build with AndroidStudio but there are some issues)
Until now it was possible.

When I switched to maven, and possibly also because I replaced Flamingo classes with real images, the jar limit seems to have been reached.

I find a message about this in the build output (that is successful) on IntelliJ IDEA IDE.

It is strange because my app did not change so much.
It has a 2.4Kb footprint when considered alone, if I am not wrong.

I knew that dependencies do not pile up.
What's going on?
Regards

Shai Almog

Jun 17, 2021, 11:31:58 PM6/17/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
The dependencies are part of the jar. We don't package them in the servers. I suggest checking which dependency blew up the jar and removing that dependency.

P5music

Jun 18, 2021, 2:09:31 AM6/18/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
It seems that the app just has the JSON library dependency.
Regards

Shai Almog

Jun 18, 2021, 11:22:31 PM6/18/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
I guess that's a big dependency. Which library did you use?
Try to build with dependencies in maven and unzip the resulting jar to see what gets packaged there.

P5music

Jun 21, 2021, 6:29:33 AM6/21/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
I inspected the jar and I realized that it is not JSON's fault.
There are three reasons the footprint grow:
1-I loaded images inside the theme.res (964kb)
I loaded 512px images and CN1 created the derived ones I guess, but are they created before installing? Should not they be created in the app folder at installation time?
2-I found a file that is not found in the project, I do not see it: white_container_theme.res (594kb). It was created some time ago but I think it is not used anywhere. In fact it is neither seen in the project structure nor inside the theme.res itself, still it is in the jar (?) I also searched the occurrence in the project but it is not found.
3-The html folder is duplicated (170Kb)

I do not know if the limit would not be exceeded but each point is worth understanding.

Thanks
Regards

Shai Almog

Jun 21, 2021, 10:26:15 PM6/21/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
Odd, I'll need to check. Make sure to define the DPI of your image to dpi 0.