Blurry icons. Gradient colors transparency.

State Thirteen

Nov 15, 2013, 12:32:39 AM11/15/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have added standard Android icons from the package they provided. I added them as a multi-images. They look a little bit blurry on the device and simulator.
When I am adding image there is a dialog popups with dimensions for different resolutions. I change the percentages there so all dimensions are changed respectively.
If I use a bigger percentage the icons become bigger in the application but I need them to stay this size but sharp.
Here is the screenshot. There are two icons on the right side.

Also I can't change the transparency of the gradient background colors in the CN1 Designer Theme editor Background tab. It changes in color picker but not applied.

Eclipse.

Shai Almog

Nov 15, 2013, 1:32:03 AM11/15/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
we use a high quality scaling algorithm so it should be reasonably sharp.
Is your source image large enough?
If you are unhappy with the result of the scaling algorithm you can select the multi image, then select a specific DPI and use the "..." icon to pick a regular PNG file to be used for that specific resolution.

State Thirteen

Nov 15, 2013, 2:38:10 AM11/15/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I think you are right. I should look for higher resolution images.

And what about background transparency issue?

Shai Almog

Nov 15, 2013, 3:37:27 PM11/15/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Sorry missed that in the question.
I suggest you don't use gradient backgrounds at all. They perform VERY badly and take up a lot of RAM. Use images which are (surprisingly) more efficient even when scaled.
When using images you can embed the translucent aspect into the image.

State Thirteen

Nov 15, 2013, 3:49:48 PM11/15/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Good advice.  I'll use the images.