Simulator FileSystem new behavior issues

Chibuike Mba

Nov 27, 2013, 8:20:59 AM11/27/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
The new simulator filesystem behavior broke my code:

before calling this code
FileSystemStorage.getInstance().getRoots();

Lists my computer storage drives/partitions from which i can choose a drive/partition to list its folders/files etc.

with the new changes in the filesystem behavior calling the same code above shows this: "file://home"
clicking on it does not list my folders/files but works well on android/blackberry devices that i have tested on.

I need this old capability because I distribute one of my apps with codename one simulator as the desktop version. Or will like to know if there is any workaround to this.

Thank you in advance.

Shai Almog

Nov 27, 2013, 2:29:22 PM11/27/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Can you file an issue on this, I'll add an option to the JavaSE port to disable some things here.
This is something we'd actually like to make official in the near future: http://code.google.com/p/codenameone/issues/detail?id=290

Chibuike Mba

Nov 28, 2013, 4:06:47 AM11/28/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Shai, thanks for your response.

The Issue 975.

The desktop version will be nice too if added but for now am OK with distributing my app with jnlp. The app link here http://ozioma.net.

Chibuike Mba

Dec 31, 2013, 7:23:13 AM12/31/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shai,

this package com.codename1.impl.javase is available within JavaSE jar but  while trying to import it into my project it's not available. please how can I import it?

Thank you.

Shai Almog

Dec 31, 2013, 2:18:41 PM12/31/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
This should be visible in your JavaSE project only. Not in your Codename One project. You need the JavaSE.jar in your classpath for that project type.