Why is there no DataChangedListener for TextArea?

Thomas Chatfield

Jan 26, 2014, 4:55:48 PM1/26/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I have a multi line editable TextArea and I want to be able to display to the user the number of characters typed while they are typing. I can do this for the TextField, why not TextArea? . TextField is no good for me because I need the text to wrap over a few lines.

Cheers

Tom

Shai Almog

Jan 27, 2014, 1:04:52 AM1/27/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Text field can provide data change on all platforms and text area cannot.
TextField can be used for multiline input too so you don't need to use text area, just invoke setSingleLineTextArea(false).

Thomas Chatfield

Jan 27, 2014, 2:24:22 AM1/27/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I overlooked that. Thanks Shai.