Problem Opening Web Page Using Web Browser

Keen Student

Dec 23, 2013, 5:26:58 AM12/23/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I have an application where a webpage that enables online payments to be made,
has to be opened. The issue is that when the code tries to open the url...
i get the following error :

Attribute 'xmlns' is not supported for tag 'html'.
Attribute 'lang' is not supported for tag 'html'.
Attribute 'xml:lang' is not supported for tag 'html'.
The tag 'script' is not supported in XHTML-MP 1.0
The tag 'script' is not supported in XHTML-MP 1.0
The tag 'script' is not supported in XHTML-MP 1.0
The tag 'script' is not supported in XHTML-MP 1.0
The tag 'script' is not supported in XHTML-MP 1.0
Attribute 'target' is not supported for tag 'a'.
XML document contains multiple root elements
, only the first root (TEXT:
 and the screen is blank. I have no control over this page seeing that it belongs to the Payment vendor.
How can i resolve this?...is there any setting that i can use to ignore issues in the document structure and also ssl errors?. Thanks

Shai Almog

Dec 23, 2013, 12:21:57 PM12/23/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you are using Java 7 with JavaFX enabled.

Akpoviroro Leleji

Dec 24, 2013, 7:00:53 AM12/24/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
It still does not work. I have decided to try and just go ahead and
leave the application and use the phone browser.
However i did not see any code snippet for opening the native
browser on the phone and loading a url on the codenameone forum.
Can i just get a code snippet?.

Thanks.

On 12/23/13, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Make sure you are using Java 7 with JavaFX enabled.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/codenameone-discussions/8990a599-e694-483c-81bc-074e6ed1ca4d%40googlegroups.com.

Akpoviroro Leleji

Dec 24, 2013, 9:47:41 AM12/24/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
By the way... in a native android app, the same page threw an "ssl" error regarding the certificate, so i had to override the error by adding this piece of code:

mWebView.setWebViewClient(new WebViewClient() {
             public void onReceivedSslError (WebView view, SslErrorHandler handler, SslError error) {
             handler.proceed() ;
             }
i believe this (ssl error) is what is causing  the  issue because other urls open on the browser.

Shai Almog

Dec 24, 2013, 2:23:22 PM12/24/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing that's what failed.
You can use Display.getInstance().execute(...); to launch the native browser.

Akpoviroro Leleji

Dec 24, 2013, 3:08:01 PM12/24/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Ok...thanks