build list gets stuck

Dave Dyer

Jul 3, 2021, 11:30:46 PM7/3/21
to CodenameOne Discussions

Sometimes the builds list gets stuck with an app in "building" state,
where it actually has finished.  Refreshing the browser window
doesn't fix it.  The underlying database knows the truth and lets
me start another build, but I can never get the status or result
of the bad build.

bad.jpg

Shai Almog

Jul 4, 2021, 9:56:19 PM7/4/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
These are crashes or timeouts in the servers. We're looking into these but they're pretty hard to debug.

Dave Dyer

Jul 5, 2021, 1:31:35 PM7/5/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
For whatever reason, they seem to be happening a lot.  This is on my short build which only takes 2 minutes.

Shai Almog

Jul 5, 2021, 10:05:50 PM7/5/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
Odd that it happens on the short build, I'll try to look into this.

Javier Anton

Jul 9, 2021, 9:55:07 AM7/9/21
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Seeing this now too for android

Shai Almog

Jul 10, 2021, 1:00:24 AM7/10/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
I suggest filing an issue.

Javier Anton

Jul 10, 2021, 5:55:50 AM7/10/21
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
The build server for android is broken. Last I checked was 10 hours ago. Is an issue really needed for this? It's not really a feature or a bug, it's kind of like the service itself

Dave Dyer

Jul 10, 2021, 1:21:06 PM7/10/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
The stuck builds don't hurt anything, you can just submit a new build and it will go through.
...except you can never tell when they are stuck, you just have to guess.

Javier Anton

Jul 10, 2021, 3:19:57 PM7/10/21
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
But how can you download the build if it's stuck?

Shai Almog

Jul 11, 2021, 3:38:27 AM7/11/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
For Daves case he can just reload the page. If in your case it's stuck forever try canceling and resending the build.

Javier Anton

Jul 11, 2021, 4:28:05 AM7/11/21
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
In my case neither reloading nor cancelling and resending works. I did notice that this crept up slowly as since one month ago some builds would get stuck but not always. Now it's all of them

Javier Anton

Jul 11, 2021, 4:37:11 AM7/11/21
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy to wait for a permanent fix as I can still use local gradle builds. Perhaps the new bundle system will fix it in August. But I do enjoy the ease of building through the build server so it would be great if this could be fixed at some point

Shai Almog

Jul 11, 2021, 9:32:09 PM7/11/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
Bundle is already supported for all builds and has been for a while. Can you send a build and send a message with your account email in chat?

We can try to reactivate it so we can understand what failed.

Javier Anton

Jul 12, 2021, 4:45:04 PM7/12/21
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Just done this but now the build finally works! Thanks