Google Code Jam Beta Test 2008

Google Code Jam Team

Apr 11, 2008, 8:52:10 PM4/11/08
to programmingco...@google.com
You are invited to be part of the test group for the Google Code Jam Beta contest. Google began offering the Google Code Jam in 2003 as a fun way for Google to support competitive programming around the world.  These earlier contests were powered by TopCoder, and now we are excited to continue celebrating the art of computer science by producing our own Google Code Jam for the developer community, powered by our recently released App Engine. We are offering this contest to a small test audience – and we want your help!

The competition is designed to satisfy your coding fix as well as to give you an opportunity to provide invaluable feedback as we assess bugs, features, functionality, UI - and any other way we can improve the contest.

Registration Starts*: Friday, April 11
Contest: Wednesday, April 16 at 11 a.m. PDT (6:00p.m. UTC) to 1 p.m. PDT (8:00p.m. UTC)

Cheers!
The Google Code Jam Team

* There is a limited number of spots, so don't wait to register!

Bartholomew Furrow

Apr 11, 2008, 8:56:28 PM4/11/08
to programmingco...@google.com
I hope you'll believe me when I say the contest will go better than this email.  The URL to register for the beta contest is:

 http://code.google.com/codejam

Sorry for the double message!

Bartholomew, for the GCJ Team