Is there a way to exclude a project's dependency from the plugin classpath?

Ivan Garcia Sainz-Aja

Dec 28, 2014, 11:50:37 AM12/28/14
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
I have asm:asm:jar:3.3.1:compile as a project transitive dependency

It's there a way to exclude this project dependency from gwt-maven-plugin classpath, as it seems to be incompatible with plugin version 2.7.0 dependencies

the compile error I'm getting is:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class com.google.gwt.dev.javac.asm.CollectMethodData has interface org.objectweb.asm.MethodVisitor as super class

In this case I could exclude that dependency from the project and include it as runtime scope,

but is there a better way to exclude this project dependency form the plugin classpath?

thanks
ivan

Thomas Broyer

Dec 29, 2014, 9:27:30 AM12/29/14
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
No, there's no equivalent to runClasspathExclude for gwt:compile. Maven wants you to use distinct modules when you need distinct classpaths, so that's what the plugin expects (and legacy properties assuming otherwise are being deprecated)