Problem using ScriptEngineManager in DevMode or SuperDevMode

Ralf Purnhagen

Feb 20, 2015, 5:06:28 AM2/20/15
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
After upgrading my project from Java 7 to Java 8 i have a problem with some server side code, that uses javax.script.ScriptEngineManager to load and execute some javascript. It seems like the embedded jetty doesn't find the nashorn ScriptEngineFactory, which is loaded via SPI ServiceLoader. This problem only occurs in DevMode or SuperDevMode. When i compile my project and deploy it into Tomcat, everything works as expected.

Im using JDK 1.8.0_31 and GWT 2.7.0 with gwt-maven-plugin 2.7.0 on Windows 8.1.

I already found a bug entry in the issue tracker, which seems to describe my problem (https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=8661), but currently I have no idea, how to work arround this problem.

Does anyone have a hint for me? How could I fix or work around the problem?

Brandon Donnelson

Feb 22, 2015, 12:36:57 PM2/22/15
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
I'd suggest moving back to Java 1.7 or moving to GWT SDK 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT/nightly.

Ralf Purnhagen

Feb 23, 2015, 2:16:33 AM2/23/15
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Moving back to Java 7 is not an option but I'll now try to combine gwt:run-codeserver with Tomcat and not to use the embedded Jetty Server.

Brandon Donnelson

Feb 23, 2015, 11:00:32 AM2/23/15
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Gotcha. If you haven't seen this already, I've created some tomcat stuff with eclipse. Running mvn gwt:run-codeserver works good, and I like to add the -launcherDir to the pom.xml also makes it nice so I can skip working with bookmarklets.

Have a good day,
Brandon Donnelson