Need help cutting 2.8.0-beta1 release

Thomas Broyer

Dec 8, 2015, 12:58:08 PM12/8/15
to Codehaus Mojo gwt-maven-plugin Users
Hi all,

Manolo has contributed some changes to make the current master compatible with 2.8.0-beta1 (and the current snapshot) which I've merged, but I cannot cut a release as the build still tries to push to nexus.codehaus.org.
As I said several times before, I don't want to spend time maintaining this plugin, so I'm asking for help updating the build to Sonatype OSSRH (might be as easy as changing the Mojo parent), and if you have access rights to deploy to org.codehaus.mojo at Sonatype OSSRH then feel free to cut the 2.8.0-beta1 release (if no-one can, I'll do it as a last resort).
BTW, the CI builds on Travis no longer deploy snapshots either due to the same infrastructure issue, it could be useful to make that work again too.

Thomas Broyer

Dec 10, 2015, 5:25:43 AM12/10/15
to Codehaus Mojo gwt-maven-plugin Users
OK so, I went ahead and made the required changes (that was almost as easy as updating the POM's parent), but I'm not authorized to deploy to org.codehaus.mojo on Sonatype OSSRH (so I cannot even deploy a snapshot).
Someone with the appropriate authorizations will have to do it (and setup the Travis CI job with new credentials and re-enable automatic snapshot deployments).
If no one has the authorizations, then someone will have to step in and ask for them (contact MojoHaus).

Brandon Donnelson

Dec 10, 2015, 10:53:45 AM12/10/15
to Codehaus Mojo gwt-maven-plugin Users
I'll see what I can do to help. I'm also interested in getting your plugin published in the samples and move out from there too.

James Nelson

Dec 14, 2015, 8:30:35 PM12/14/15
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Since codehaus is shutting down,
why not start deploying to a new groupId?

org.gwtproject would make sense, no?

Thomas Broyer

Dec 15, 2015, 6:01:00 AM12/15/15

On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 2:30:35 AM UTC+1, James Nelson wrote:
Since codehaus is shutting down,

Has shut down. CodeHaus Mojo is now known as MojoHaus.

why not start deploying to a new groupId?

Backwards compatibility? Following MojoHaus' standards? (officially this project still is part of Mojo, despite the fact that I never followed any of their processes; the new maintainer(s) are free to do whatever they want though)

org.gwtproject would make sense, no?

No, because this plugin is not an "official" plugin.
(BTW, the Steering Committee decided this summer that we don't want such "official" plugins that would be maintained by third-parties or individuals, so the gwt-gradle-plugin is staying at de.richsource.gradle.plugins, this one at org.codehaus.mojo –or anywhere else, if it chooses to rename– and my other Maven Plugin for GWT at net.ltgt.gwt.maven)
BTW, we're going to migrate the GWT samples to the net.ltgt.gwt.maven plugin; it'll make them easier to maintain and release as we currently have a chicken and egg problem: the plugin depends on a specific version of GWT, that must thus be released at the time of cutting a release of the plugin, but the samples are released at the same time as GWT itself.