[ANN] net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-1: configuration (and internals) overhault, and codeserver!

Thomas Broyer

Feb 14, 2015, 7:51:59 PM2/14/15
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
I just released net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.-beta-1 to Maven Central

https://github.com/tbroyer/gwt-maven-plugin

If you used the alpha versions, configuration (and internals) has change a lot: only a few arguments are exposed directly as properties, others have to be passed as generic compilerArguments.

Another breaking change is that the plugin no longer links to a specific GWT version, which means that you now have to add an explicit dependency to gwt-dev. The plugin is automatically tested against the last two stable versions of GWT as well as the latest snapshot for the next version.

Also new and noteworthy in this version: preliminary support for dev mode, through a gwt:codeserver goal that launchescom.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer. Contrary to the CodeHaus Mojo plugin, I built this with multi-module projects in mind. Note that, following the above rule, you'll also have to add an explicitly dependency to gwt-codeserver to your module.

Still no documentation (sorry), look at the integration tests and usemvn gwt:help and mvn gwt:help -Ddetail -Dgoal=<goal> to learn about the configuration properties.

I'll now work on updating my archetypes to use that new plugin.