system.out.println();

Jordan Shweky

Dec 31, 2014, 1:16:27 PM12/31/14
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Using Maven with a new GWT project (my first).  Having issues when I use a sysout to check a particular line's functionality.  The console never display anything, whether the section of code I write it in is functioning properly or not. Are there any settings or known issues re: this problem?

David Hoffer

Dec 31, 2014, 1:46:36 PM12/31/14
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
system.out.println() will work in server side code but not client side.  You can use logging in the client and send to server...if enabled...however for quick testing a breakpoint in client code works well.

-Dave

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Jordan Shweky <j4n...@gmail.com> wrote:
Using Maven with a new GWT project (my first).  Having issues when I use a sysout to check a particular line's functionality.  The console never display anything, whether the section of code I write it in is functioning properly or not. Are there any settings or known issues re: this problem?

Thomas Broyer

Dec 31, 2014, 6:48:40 PM12/31/14

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:46:36 PM UTC+1, David Hoffer wrote:
system.out.println() will work in server side code but not client side.

It actually works in "classic dev mode" too.

You can use logging in the client and send to server...if enabled...however for quick testing a breakpoint in client code works well.

Or use GWT.log().
java.util.logging will also automatically go to the browser console in "super dev mode", but will have to be configured if you want to keep it in "prod mode".