SuperDevMode (SDM) recompilation

Kay Pac

Nov 22, 2014, 9:28:17 PM11/22/14
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
I'm a bit confused about super dev mode. I've used it in the past, but I haven't used it in a while. I'm using maven and I've updated my project to use GWT 2.7.0. I run superdevmode with "mvn gwt:run-codeserver" and I run my webserver with "mvn cargo:run." I have the bookmarklets and I turn super dev mode on, which compiles the app.

When I change a source file, the change is not picked up by SDM to trigger the recompilation. I understood that this is supposed to happen. I can click on "dev mode on" and then "compile" and get the application to recompile, which works fine. I am using the gwt maven plugin.

I looked at the documentation on the gwt-project.org website for super dev mode (http://www.gwtproject.org/articles/superdevmode.html) but it wasn't too helpful.

I am going to try to digest all of the information on the gwt maven plugin website but there is a lot and it is complex especially with the multi-module dependency information. I'm not trying to hack the wall between modules (yet) all I want to do is have automatic recompilation for the GWT source files in the webapp module that contains my end point.

Thanks!

Kay

Thomas Broyer

Nov 23, 2014, 6:19:32 PM11/23/14
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Try "mvn gwt:run" with <noserver>true</no server>, or point <launcherDir> to somewhere your cargo-launched container can pick the generated .nocache.js (in a single-module project, just use the ${project.build.output}/${project.build.finalName})