Glassfish 8.0.8 M1 support

Hantsy Bai

Dec 25, 2023, 6:07:26 AM12/25/23
to Codehaus Cargo
Hi Glassfish has just release the first milestone, 8.0.0-M1

But when I start it with cargo maven plugin 1.10.10, I got the following support.

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Parsed GlassFish version = [8.0.0.M1]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] GlassFish 8.0.0.M1 starting...
[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Failed to create a GlassFish 8.0.0.M1 standalone configuration: GlassFish admin command with args (--interactive=false --user admin --passwordfile D:\hantsylabs\jakartaee11-sandbox\faces\target\glassfish7x-home\password.properties create-domain --adminport 4848 --instanceport 8080 --domainproperties jms.port=7676:orb.listener.port=3700:orb.ssl.port=3820:http.ssl.port=8181:orb.mutualauth.port=3920:domain.jmxPort=8686:java.debugger.port=9009:osgi.shell.telnet.port=6666 --domaindir D:\hantsylabs\jakartaee11-sandbox\faces\target/glassfish7x-home cargo-domain) failed: asadmin exited 1: You do not have permission to use port 4848 for cargo-domain. Try a different port number or login to a more privileged account.
CLI130: Could not create domain, cargo-domain
Command create-domain failed.
[ERROR] Starting container [org.codehaus.cargo.container.glassfish.GlassFish7xInstalledLocalContainer@33356666] failed
org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Failed to create a GlassFish 8.0.0.M1 standalone configuration: GlassFish admin command with args (--interactive=false --user admin --passwordfile D:\hantsylabs\jakartaee11-sandbox\faces\target\glassfish7x-home\password.properties create-domain --adminport 4848 --instanceport 8080 --domainproperties jms.port=7676:orb.listener.port=3700:orb.ssl.port=3820:http.ssl.port=8181:orb.mutualauth.port=3920:domain.jmxPort=8686:java.debugger.port=9009:osgi.shell.telnet.port=6666 --domaindir D:\hantsylabs\jakartaee11-sandbox\faces\target/glassfish7x-home cargo-domain) failed: asadmin exited 1: You do not have permission to use port 4848 for cargo-domain. Try a different port number or login to a more privileged account.
CLI130: Could not create domain, cargo-domain
Command create-domain failed.

S. Ali Tokmen

Dec 25, 2023, 9:09:47 AM12/25/23
to codehau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hantsy

As per the error message, you simply need to change the port cargo.glassfish.admin.port to another one than the current 4848.

Regards

hantsy bai

Dec 25, 2023, 8:51:23 PM12/25/23
to codehau...@googlegroups.com
But this has never happened before, I will try it later. Thanks.

---

Regards,

Hantsy Bai

Self-employed consultant, fullstack developer, agile coach, freelancer/remote worker

GitHub: https://github.com/hantsy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/@hantsy

Medium: https://medium.com/@hantsy

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Codehaus Cargo" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/codehaus-cargo/bc041846-f4b1-4204-b271-b91f705d702d%40email.android.com.

Hantsy Bai

Dec 26, 2023, 8:47:54 PM12/26/23
to Codehaus Cargo
Yes changing ports works

S. Ali Tokmen

Dec 27, 2023, 6:54:57 AM12/27/23
to codehau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hantsy

Thank you for the confirmation, after your message I added support for GlassFish 8.x and it also passed in the CI: https://codehaus-cargo.semaphoreci.com/jobs/dc1591d6-cbd4-4161-b8e3-0a7f10840f0a

One aspect I noticed is that GlassFish 8 requires JDK 17+. Could it be that the newer JDK version doesn't have all ports allowed on your side, for example due to some entreprise security policy?

hantsy bai

Dec 27, 2023, 7:20:17 AM12/27/23
to codehau...@googlegroups.com
I am using Java 21 daily, I think Glassfish 8 will move to Java 21 soon. Because Jakarta EE 11 will target Java 21.

I am not sure about the port issues, using `netstat` or other tools can not find an application occupying the ports.
---

hantsy bai