deployment-order

maylann....@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2020, 1:18:25 AM8/27/20
to Codehaus Cargo
Hi

I'm trying to run a weblogic 10.3.6 container on an old project.
This project relies on a weblogic jstl module having been deployed before the project itself. Weblogic has a deployment-order property to set the order of the deployments. Is there any way I can make cargo deploy my deployables in a specific order?

Kind regards
Kasper

S. Ali Tokmen

Aug 27, 2020, 1:19:32 PM8/27/20
to codehau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kasper

Codehaus Cargo should normally deploy the deployables in the same order as the one you specify in the ANT tasks or Maven 2/Maven3 plugin.

Do you observe anything different?

Regards

On 27 Aug 2020, at 07:18, maylann....@gmail.com <maylann....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

maylann....@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2020, 6:13:51 PM8/29/20
to Codehaus Cargo
Hi Ali

You're right sorry. The deployables was deployed in the correct order, the issue was that the jstl module needed to be installed as a Library and not as a normal web application. I managed to do this by copying a config.xml to the weblogic domain with cargo. So instead of deploying deployable in the cargo config i copy the config.xml for deployments containing the deployments and the jstl like this:

<library>
   <name>jstl - 1.2.0.1</name>
   <target>server</target>
   <source-path>C:\tools\oracle\weblogic\10.3.6_200414\wls\common\deployable-libraries/jstl-1.2.war</source-path>
   <deployment-order>1</deployment-order>
   <security-dd-model>DDOnly</security-dd-model>
</library>

Because as far as I could see cargo doesn't support a library deployment but only normal apps, right?

Kind regards
Kasper

S. Ali Tokmen

Aug 30, 2020, 2:53:39 AM8/30/20
to codehau...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kaspar

I see - Codehaus Cargo does allow adding JARs to the container classpath: read more on https://codehaus-cargo.github.io/cargo/Container+Classpath.html.

maylann....@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2020, 7:22:27 AM9/1/20
to Codehaus Cargo
Hi Ali

Yes I am aware of the nice feature for adding jars to the classpath and also using it. Though this is not quite the same. This is a war file and it needs to be deployed as a shared library and not a normal app (I guess this is something weblogic specific). Like this: https://dzone.com/articles/weblogic-shared-library
Anyway I can do it with copying the config.xml so it is not an issue.

/Kasper

S. Ali Tokmen

Sep 6, 2020, 8:48:12 AM9/6/20
to codehau...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kasper

I understand now, thanks for explaining!

In the Codehaus Cargo WebLogic container, deployments are done using WSLT scripts, and you can see the deployer source code in:

Feel free to suggest improvements as git PRs, we will gladly accept :-)