Cargo logs as shown by Cargo Daemon Webapp seem strange

nicola muneratto

Feb 26, 2021, 8:37:44 AM2/26/21
to Codehaus Cargo

Hi,
I have been running Cargo both in production and development without any problem for some time now, the only thing that perplexes me is that logs shown in Cargo Daemon Web interface seem a bit strange.

See attached files, one for cargo version 1.6.0 and one for Cargo version 1.8.4

  • log for cargo version 1.6.0: displays what it seems to be javascript code to show an animated spinner.
  • log for cargo version 1.8.4 : based on timestamp the log order is misplaced

Had anybody experienced the same issues ?
cargo_log_1.8.4.png
cargo_log_1.6.0.png

S. Ali Tokmen

Feb 26, 2021, 12:37:16 PM2/26/21
to codehau...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nicola

That is strange - The screenshot from version 1.6.0 is most definitely a server bug, and version 1.8.4 is awkward as it indeed has the wrong timestamp order but the right "logical" order...

Have you tried with Codehaus Cargo Daemon 1.9.1?

Please advise

S. Ali Tokmen
http://ali.tokmen.com/
http://contact.ali.tokmen.com/

nicola muneratto

Mar 1, 2021, 5:43:42 AM3/1/21
to Codehaus Cargo
Hi Ali,
thank you for your quick reply. I will try the next version of Cargo and I'll let you know how it worked .

S. Ali Tokmen

Mar 2, 2021, 4:45:13 AM3/2/21
to codehau...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nicola

Excellent - Meanwhile there is version 1.9.2 which you can try out 😁

Regards

nicola muneratto

Mar 8, 2021, 3:51:59 AM3/8/21
to Codehaus Cargo
Hi again,
I tested Cargo Daemon version 1.9.1 and experienced the same problem. I tried also to use different tomcat versions as running container i.e. 7.x, 8.x , 9.x ; same issue. Additionally I tried to display logs with different browsers , MS Edge and Firefox.
Anyway it doesn't constitute a big problem for us and Cargo works fine both i dev and production environments, that's important. :)

S. Ali Tokmen

Mar 9, 2021, 1:58:23 AM3/9/21
to codehau...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nicola

That is quite weird - Somehow I cannot replicate it 🙁

But if the rest is working fine, then we can indeed for now ignore the issue.

Thank you