Add Java Module System(Java 9+) support

Hantsy Bai

Nov 28, 2020, 7:12:53 AM11/28/20
to Codehaus Cargo

Hi,
I am trying to use Java 11 today to deploy my application to Payara server.
But encountered the famous Java xml bind exception,

I think cargo called the `DatatypeConverter` , of course added a `java.xml.bind` dep explicitly will resovle this issue. I am not sure if cargo 1.8.3 is ready for Java 9+. Hope it wil add java-module file to resolve the issue, or add extra java.xml.bind modules to startup when user is using a Java 9+.

Regards,
Hantsy

S. Ali Tokmen

Nov 28, 2020, 5:04:05 PM11/28/20
to codehau...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hantsy

Codehaus Cargo has been successfully CI-tested on JDK 11 since 19 October 2018: https://semaphoreci.com/codehaus-cargo/cargo/branches/master/builds/474. All commits ever since have been tested with various Java versions, including JDK 11 - Please be aware though that we never had Java 9 (not Java 15 for example) on the CI as these are not LTS versions.

Can you please provide step by step instructions to replicate the issue?

Regards

S. Ali Tokmen
http://ali.tokmen.com/
http://contact.ali.tokmen.com/