Cargo ant task : Deployment order

Kevin Moray

May 3, 2023, 12:44:30 AM5/3/23
to codehau...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

 As part of project development, I use the cargo gradle plugin to do my deployments.

 I use this plugin to deploy on glassfish and payara. and I would like to be able to specify the deployment order

 The plugin uses the Cargo Ant tasks. I don't see anything in your documentation that would let you define a deployment order.

 I notice this is possible with Maven 3 plugin. here is an example:

 <plugin>

 <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>

 <artifactId>cargo-maven3-plugin</artifactId>

 <version>1.10.6</version>

 <configuration>

 <container>

 <containerId>payara</containerId>

 <artifactInstaller>

 <groupId>fish.payara.distributions</groupId>

 <artifactId>payara</artifactId>

 <version>5.2022.5</version>

 </artifactInstaller>

 </container>

 <configuration>

 <deployables>

 <deployable>

 <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>

 <artifactId>${project.artifactId}</artifactId>

 <type>war</type>

 <order>1</order>

 </deployable>

 <deployable>

 <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>

 <artifactId>MavenCargoTest2</artifactId>

 <type>war</type>

 <order>2</order>

 </deployable>

 </deployables>

 <home>C:\payara-server\_WORKDIR\5.48.1\payara5\glassfish\domains\</home>

 <properties>

 <cargo.hostname>localhost</cargo.hostname>

 <cargo.servlet.port>8080</cargo.servlet.port>

 <cargo.glassfish.admin.port>4848</cargo.glassfish.admin.port>

 <cargo.remote.username>admin</cargo.remote.username>

 <cargo.remote.password>adminadmin</cargo.remote.password>

 <cargo.glassfish.deploy.arg.remoteUpload>--upload=true</cargo.glassfish.deploy.arg.remoteUpload>

 </properties>

 </config>

 </config>

 <!-- provides JSR88 client API to deploy on Payara -->

 <dependencies>

 <dependency>

 <groupId>org.glassfish.main.deployment</groupId>

 <artifactId>deployment-client</artifactId>

 <version>5.0</version>

 </dependency>

 </dependencies>

 </plugin>

 is it possible to do the same with Cargo ant tasks? in order to update the gradle plugin to offer this possibility

 thank you for your reply

S. Ali Tokmen

May 3, 2023, 5:47:38 AM5/3/23
to codehau...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin

Codehaus Cargo performs deployments in the order they're specified, in ANT that should be the order in the build XML file.

The feature you've found might be related to how Maven allows reordering elements.

Regards

S. Ali Tokmen
https://ali.tokmen.com/
https://contact.ali.tokmen.com/

S. Ali Tokmen

May 3, 2023, 5:55:57 AM5/3/23
to codehau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin

Of course, when you find it valuable, you're more than welcome to add the functionally into the Codehaus Cargo Ant plugin - Simply provide it as a PR into our Github. More details are on https://codehaus-cargo.github.io/cargo/Contributing.html

Kevin Moray

May 13, 2023, 1:55:24 AM5/13/23
to Codehaus Cargo
yes it is something that would be very interesting to add. unfortunately I can't...