Cargo is a thin wrapper that allows you to manipulate various type of
application containers (J2EE, Java EE, Jakarta EE and others) in a
standard way. The portion Codehaus is a reference to the open
source community which used to host Cargo when it was first created - We
meanwhile moved to Github as Codehaus has shut down.
Cargo provides the following APIs and tools:
- A Java API to start/stop/configure any of the supported containers.
- A Java API to (remotely or locally) deploy modules into these containers, be it a server alone, a farm or a cluster.
- A Java API to parse/create/merge J2EE, Java EE or Jakarta EE modules.
- Ant tasks wrapping the Java API for configuring, starting, stopping and deploying applications to all supported containers.
- A Web interface
that wraps the Java API that can be used to configure, start and stop
all containers supported by Cargo remotely and at any time.
- A Maven 3 Plugin wrapping
the Java API for configuring, starting, stopping and deploying
applications to all supported containers and the Cargo Daemon as well as
parsing, creating and merging J2EE, Java EE or Jakarta EE modules.
These tools and APIs can be used in a standalone fashion or via various IDEs.Feel free to ask all your questions and of course also respond to others' inquiries or share any experience.