最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Thomas Figg

未読、
2009/11/16 10:09:112009/11/16
To: codebloc
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin Ling <mar...@earth.li>
Date: 2009/11/16
Subject: Talk from Phil Wadler on problems for programming languages, Nov 25th.

May be of interest to Code Bloc folk. Includes free booze.

Martin

----- Forwarded message from Alan Bundy <bu...@staffmail.ed.ac.uk> -----

From: Alan Bundy <bu...@staffmail.ed.ac.uk>
To: hamming...@inf.ed.ac.uk, semi...@inf.ed.ac.uk
Subject: [seminars]
       Hamming Seminar: 25th November 2009, 4pm, Room 4.31/4.33 - Phil Wadler
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:26:26 +0000

Wednesday 25th November 2009, 4pm
Room 4.31/4.33, Informatics Forum

Phil Wadler: What are the important problems for programming languages?

I will discuss a few problems I consider important for the future
of programming languages, ranging from technical to social:

* How to program for a distributed and multicore world?
* How to integrate more and less strongly typed languages?
* How to program the web?
* How to make programs an order-of-magnitude more compact?
* How are programming languages adopted in practice?
* How to measure the efficacy of a programming language?
* How to make programming simple enough that children can do it?
* How to convince the world that programming languages are important?

Please don't come expecting answers---the purpose of the talk
is to raise questions!

Following the talk, there will be an informal reception of wine and
nibbles in MF2 (level 4) to promote discussion and
interaction.  You are very welcome to attend this.  Feel free to
circulate this announcement to anyone you think will be interested.

More information about this series, including how to sign up to get
future announcements, can be found at
http://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/research/programmes/hamming/programme.html

Seminar series organiser: Alan Bundy

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

----- End forwarded message -----
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送