Installation

Natalia Vinnik

Sep 24, 2010, 12:25:23 PM9/24/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
I followed the setup steps and installed Virtual Box and Sahana Eden on my laptop, Window XP.
The installation was successful.
I did get a warning during the installation that windows doesn't approve the driver installation, but I clicked continue and everything got installed correctly.

Thanks,
Natalia

natalia
vinnik

tools & frameworks engineer

vnat...@yahoo-inc.com
direct 818-524-5242

3333 empire avenue, burbank, ca, 91504, us
phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

yahoo.gif

Pat Tressel

Sep 24, 2010, 3:43:18 PM9/24/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
Natalia --

I followed the setup steps and installed Virtual Box and Sahana Eden on my laptop, Window XP.
The installation was successful.
I did get a warning during the installation that windows doesn't approve the driver installation, but I clicked continue and everything got installed correctly.

I vaguely recall having gotten that warning too.  I guess Sun / Oracle did not go through the official Microsoft approval process for VirtualBox.

;-)

-- Pat

Malveeka Tewari

Sep 24, 2010, 4:01:45 PM9/24/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
I have a mac and I am trying to install virtualbox on it so that I can
get the sahana eden environment on it
but www.virtualbox.org seems to be dowm

I would need to get vmware fusion now.. I just thought I'd ask on the
list, if anyone got the setup working for mac?

Thanks
Malveeka

Fran Boon

Sep 24, 2010, 4:21:47 PM9/24/10
On 24 September 2010 21:01, Malveeka Tewari <malv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a mac and I am trying to install virtualbox on it so that I can
> get the sahana eden environment on it
> but www.virtualbox.org seems to be dowm

This site still seems to be up :)
http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/vboxdownload.html

Malveeka Tewari

Sep 24, 2010, 4:22:45 PM9/24/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot !

Malveeka Tewari

Sep 24, 2010, 4:29:47 PM9/24/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
Just a suggestion,

can we update the redirect link to virtualbox on the instructions page too:
http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/InstallationGuidelinesVirtualMachine

Right the link for virtualbox points to the broken website.

Malveeka Tewari

Sep 24, 2010, 5:19:11 PM9/24/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
Yay! I have the eden setup up and running !
I still need to play around with the web2py project but I think
everything's installed correctly and I did not get any warnings also
:)

Fran Boon

Sep 24, 2010, 7:53:44 PM9/24/10
On 24 September 2010 21:29, Malveeka Tewari <malv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a suggestion,
> can we update the redirect link to virtualbox on the instructions page too:
> http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/InstallationGuidelinesVirtualMachine
> Right the link for virtualbox points to the broken website.

Done :)